Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Why do you want to be a Tourist Guide?

Why do you want to be a Tourist Guide? This is the question that most people especial the examiner will ask.

Having retired from active IT career in academia, manufacturing, banks and insurance companies, I am looking for jobs that do not take 100% of my time and allow me to rest when I need to be with my family.

From my study for a Master degree in Education and subsequent Linguistic course in Payap University in Chiang Mai, Thailand, I am attracted to Cultural Anthopology, a study on Human society and their Culture. I am interested to study about people, how their live, their culture and their languages.

Being a tourist guide will allow me to interact with people from different countries and tell them our history, our varying culture, and toursit attractions. At the same time,  I can learn from our guest about their countries, culture,  and how they live their lives.

I am more interested in Meeting, Incentive, Conference and Exhibition (MICE) instead of mass market guiding. MICE market need to be handled by more matured persons with industry experience as the the visitors tends to be educated professionals with higher expectation. Younger tourist guide without industry experience may not project a good image of Malaysia.

I also believe in social responsibilities. Malaysia has given me a good life and income to bring up 2 successful children. I hope to contribute my time and experience to the nation.


Most of all, I believe a person should continue to live life to the fullest and not wait for life to end. We all should enjoy life and one way if to engage in more activities in the company of family and friends. With this job, I can have more friends from all over the world as I welcome them and show them our beloved country.

No comments:

Post a Comment